Monday, August 4, 2008

"88888" Campaign

I have been reading in newspapers for the last few days about the plan to voluntarily switch off power at 8 p.m. to 8:08 p.m. for eight minutes on August 8th in symbolic support of Exnora's campaign to create awareness about global warming . It is indeed a laudable initiative. It is heartening to read that many school students have taken a pledge to implement the plan. It is high time young school kids are sensitized to environmental concerns at an early age. I will do my bit too and switch off power on 8th August at 8 p.m. and sensitize my son Nikhil towards saving our fragile ecosystem.

1 comment:

Nitwick said...

Olympics !!! I was glued to the TV watching the opening ceremony and I totally forgot to switch off the current :-( But the very next day, there was no power in my place for over 5 hours and I spent the night sweating !!!
ag