Thursday, January 15, 2009

Books Ahoy




Visited 32nd Chennai Book Fair on January 10th and January 12th and purchased 20 odd books. This time my focus was mainly on Tamil books. Let me give the list of books I purchased.

English

1. Hot Days, Long Nights - An Anthology of African Short Stories - Edited by Nadezda Obradovic. This book I got on seeing the list of books purchased by my favorite Tamil writer S. Ramakrishnan in his website
. This is published by National Book Trust.

Tamil

1. Kadavulum Naanum by Charu Nivedita
2. KrishnaParunthu by Madhavan
3. Ethirmugam by Jeyamohan
4. Ulleirunthu sila kuralgal by Gopikrishnan
5. Ratha uravu by Yuma Vasuki
6. Thanthira Boomi by Indira Parthasarathy
7. Vetnhu Thanintha Kaadugal by Indira Parthasarathy
8. Yesuvin Thozhargal by Indira Parthasarathy
9. Abitha by La Sa Ramamrutham
10. Kallar Charithram by Venkatasamy Nattar
11. Appa, Anbulla Appa by Sujata
12. Manaivi Kidaithal by Sujata
13. Mallari Rao Kathaigal by Devan
14. Vanam Puguthal by Kalapriya
15. Helicopters Kizhe Irangivittana by Indira Parthasarathy

2 comments:

sugan said...

Hey, that is quite a list. Looking fwd to see the reviews

Krishnan said...

Yes I visited three times and amassed quite a lot of books. Yes will post reviews as and when I finish one. Thanks Sugan.